SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
This is a position for a person who has passed the PE exam. The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of projects including the supervision of work of subordinate engineers. The Senior Project Engineer utilizes verbal and written communication skills to maintain a close relationship with the client from the proposal to the completion phase, to confirm that the client receives the designs and opinions described in the contract between the Firm and the client. The Senior Project Engineer will assume budgetary, client contact and business development responsibilities.
The Senior Project Engineer reports directly to the Managing Engineer and Principals. This person has the responsibility for the technical and administrative overview of projects and provides supervision and direction to the project team. The Senior Project Engineer should maintain client contact after the project is completed for the purpose of business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains routine contact with the client during the study, design, and construction phases of a project within the limits delegated by the Managing Engineer.
- Maintains contact with the client after project is completed in order to promote future businessactivity.
- Periodically reviews the schedule and cost of the projects under his or her supervision, with the Managing Engineer.
- Assists in the preparation and review of invoices relevant to projects under direct supervision.
- Prepares qualifications/proposals and conducts efforts supporting business development activities.
- Prepares work necessary to complete Contract Documents (plans & specifications) for all work on which bids are to be taken.
- Attends bid openings, prepares tabulations of bids and conformed contracts, and prepares letters of award to the contractor.
- Participates in selecting the project team.
- Cooperatives and communicates with other engineers, designers, and drafters assigned to the various phases of the project.
- Performs detailed checking of completed work performed under his or her direct supervision.
- Undertakes research, investigation, writing and editing of reports on the fmdings.
- Passed PE exam.
- Bachelors Degree and 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Associates Degree and I0-12 years of relevant experience.
This is a position for a person who will achieve total project management responsibility for small, mediumand large-scale projects and include the supervision of the work of Design Engineers and EngineeringTechnicians. The Project Engineer will assume a daily role in client contact activities and will develop a working knowledge of the Firm’s marketing activities.
The Project Engineer reports directly to Senior Project and Managing Engineers. This person works with relative independence but may turn to Senior Engineers for aid in solving a problem. The Project Engineerhas frequent client contact during the course of the project and may be expected to establish working relationships with clients for future business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Engineer is responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and prepares plans and details utilizing Computer Aided Drafting.
- Assumes budgetary and scheduling responsibilities as so directed by those in supervision.
- Assumes an increased role in client relations in order to develop skills and establish contacts for the purpose of future business development.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals/qualifications and other efforts to support business development activities.
- Prepares reports, opinions, and recommendations for the approval of the Managing or Senior Project Engineer concerning the direction of the project.
- Executes design computations, develops design criteria, designs sketches, plans, reports, time and expense estimates, and economic comparisons on projects under supervision.
- Prepares Contract Documents.
- Makes major design recommendations.
- Coordinates with surveyors, architects, boring contractors, and other consultants retained by the Firm.
- Supervises the review and processing of shop drawings during construction, and in some cases, will review shop drawings for conformance to the Contract Documents.
- Detailed checking of all work done under their direct supervision.
- Project bidding coordination.
- Supervision of the preparation of As-Built Drawings.
- Passed EIT Exam.
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Associates Degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience.